Norway not only has a rich source of oil but has a rich supply of real world data sources (RWDs), especially when in concerns the central nervous system! Such registries have been used for a number of studies and publications. This is especially the case for Norway’s CNS registries, of which there are many high-quality datasets.
The table below displays the Norwegian National and Quality disease registries specific to CNS topics currently available.
High Impact Articles
A number of registry-related articles can be found in high impact publications, as shown in the graph below, displaying the number of publications at each category of impact factor. Most publications were found in journals with an impact factor of 4 to 6.
Sample high impact publications from selected registries:
Norwegian MS Registry and BioBank
• Goris A, Pauwels I, Gustavsen MW, van Son B, Hilven K, Bos SD, et al. Genetic variants are major determinants of CSF antibody levels in multiple sclerosis. Brain. 2015 Mar;138(Pt 3):632–43.
• Cortese M, Riise T, Bjørnevik K, Bhan A, Farbu E, Grytten N, et al. Preclinical disease activity in multiple sclerosis: A prospective study of cognitive performance prior to first symptom. Ann Neurol. 2016 Oct;80(4):616–24.
Norwegian Parkinson’s Registry and BioBank
• Tsai M-J, Hsu C-Y, Sheu C-C. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. N Engl J Med. 2017 19;377(16):1602.
• Pedersen KF, Larsen JP, Tysnes O-B, Alves G. Prognosis of mild cognitive impairment in early Parkinson disease: the Norwegian ParkWest study. JAMA Neurol. 2013 May;70(5):580–6.
Norwegian Register for Persons Examined for Cognitive Symptoms in Specialist Health Services (NorKog)
• Jonsson T, Stefansson H, Steinberg S, Jonsdottir I, Jonsson PV, Snaedal J, et al. Variant of TREM2 associated with the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. N Engl J Med. 2013 Jan 10;368(2):107–16.
• Desikan RS, Schork AJ, Wang Y, Thompson WK, Dehghan A, Ridker PM, et al. Polygenic Overlap Between C-Reactive Protein, Plasma Lipids, and Alzheimer Disease. Circulation. 2015 Jun 9;131(23):2061–9.
Take a look at our other blog posts for more information on disease registries in Norway.
If you would like to get more information about RWE and country sources, sign up to our monthly newsletter today!